Welcome to Graduate Studies!
Click here for policy and procedure updates in response to the coronavirus crisis
The College of Graduate Studies provides leadership and support to scholars engaged in over 100 master’s, doctoral, and advanced certificate programs at San Diego State. In collaboration with faculty, staff and students across the sciences, engineering, humanities, social sciences, arts, education and business, our team strives to ensure the integrity and high quality of graduate degrees, and facilitate their timely completion.
- Montezuma Publishing will be hosting Thesis Q&A Zoom sessions. Master's students that are graduating in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 can attend to have the thesis process explained and have their questions answered. Sessions will be held on October 19th (12pm), October 20th (2pm) and October 22nd (2pm). Zoom links can be found on the "Upcoming Events" calendar below.
- The Office for Graduate Student Life & Diversity offer many personal development workshops. More information on their workshops can be found here: https://sacd.sdsu.edu/gradlife/events/personal-development
- Graduation is not automatic, an application is required! Students that plan to graduate in December 2021 but did not apply should contact our office by November 1st.
- Applications for the Graduate Student Travel fund are being accepted now until October 15th!
- Information about the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP) is now available! See this page for more information: https://grad.sdsu.edu/current_grad_students/gship
San Diego State University excels in innovation, research, and creative activities due in a large part to the success of our graduate students. For many graduate programs, these accomplishments culminate in a thesis or dissertation that is expected to be of the highest quality for the field. Because research expectations and requirements vary widely, students are generally expected to develop a research plan with their Graduate Advisor or Thesis Chair in their first semesters at SDSU.
Interns Lend a Helping Hand in Disasters
Students in the Homeland Security Program are assisting the Red Cross responders during emergencies. Read more about SDSU's Gabby Smith's time as a Disaster Duty Officer.