Applying to graduate programs at San Diego State University is a multiple step process -- including the Cal State Apply university application, submission of official transcripts and test scores, and (in most cases) a separate program application which may require a statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and other materials.
Program-specific applications are collected by each graduate program -- not Graduate Admissions. Please review the individual academic program for specific instructions, requirements and deadlines.
Questions regarding program specific documents should be directed to the department. Contact information for each department and links to the department website can be found on the academic program page for your major.
Graduate Admissions Temporary Policy Changes
(March 17, 2020)
Applicants in many parts of the world are having difficulties taking standarized tests and getting them reported due to the ongoing pandemic. In some cases, transcript requests or deliveries are also delayed. To accommodate this situation, SDSU Graduate Admissions has temporarily extended or relaxed some of the application requirements.
- Applicants missing official transcripts or standardized test scores will be reviewed by their prospective programs, based on available information. Those who are accepted will have an extended deadline for receipt of documents. More information will be provided after acceptance.
- Applicants missing both official transcripts AND standardized test scores should strive to submit these documents as soon as possible. They will be contacted during early April regarding deadline extensions.
Questions? Need Support?
Not sure if your program is using Interfolio? Check Open Program Applications
Option 1: Check the Interfolio - FAQs and Instructions section of this page.
Option 2: Interfolio provides technical support to applicants and recommenders. Support can be reached in the following ways:
- For help signing up, accessing your Interfolio account, or submitting your application, please visit the Interfolio help and support section.
- Call Interfolio Support at (877) 997-8807 (Monday - Friday | 9 AM - 6 PM EST)
- Email Support at [email protected]
Option 3: Questions about the application process, application requirements, and other questions/concerns should be directed to the program coordinator or graduate advisor. You can find contact information on the Graduate Admissions website on the Academic Programs page or by visiting the program's website.
If your program is not using Interfolio, please contact them to further information and support.
Interfolio - FAQs and Instructions
Visit your program's website for a direct link to the Interfolio application, or check this list of open program applications.
Please use this Applicant User Guide for instructions on how to submit your program application using Interfolio.
Navigate to the Interfolio login page and enter your email address and password to return to your application. Here you can continue working on your application, check the status of letters of recommendation, re-send letter of recommendation invitation emails, and review your submitted application materials.