Welcome to Graduate Affairs!
Graduate Affairs provides leadership and support to scholars engaged in over 100 master’s, doctoral, and advanced certificate programs at San Diego State. In collaboration with faculty, staff and students across the sciences, engineering, humanities, social sciences, arts, education and business, our team strives to ensure the integrity and high quality of graduate degrees, and facilitate their timely completion.
Registration - Summer 2018 (coming soon)
- Sally Casanova Scholarship Workshop dates are available. Sign up to attend a workshop and read more about the scholarship on the Funding Opportunities page.
- Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program Workshop dates are available. Read more about the program on the Funding Opportunities page and view the workshop sign up sheet.
- Graduate Student Travel Fund: Applications available now!
- Student Research Symposium applications are due at 11:59pm on January 29. Student registration is open.
- Applications for May and August 2018 must be submitted by January 30. Apply through your WebPortal or contact the Graduate Affairs Office.
San Diego State University excels in innovation, research, and creative activites due in a large part to the success of our graduate students. For many graduate programs, these accomplishments culminate in a thesis or dissertation that is expected to be of the highest quality for the field. Because research expectations and requirements vary widely, students are generally expected to develop a research plan with their Graduate Advisor or Thesis Chair in their first semesters at SDSU.